As the founder of Lisa Kane & Associates, Lisa R. Kane provides dedicated legal representation to clients in Chicago, Illinois, and throughout the Chicago area. She focuses her practice on employment law, generally handling cases that involve sexual harassment in the workplace, racial harassment in the workplace and employment discrimination.
An aggressive advocate for her clients, Ms. Kane is passionate about protecting the interests of those whose rights as employees have been violated. She has built her reputation on fighting back against workplace wrongs and combating employment discrimination. Ms. Kane understands that when a workplace is unjust, the situation can turn jobs people love into ones that only cause them great anxiety and stress. She listens to her clients’ concerns and works with them to find the right solutions for their grievances.
Over the course of her career, Ms. Kane’s dedication to maintaining high standards of legal ethics, and providing quality representation has gained her the respect of her clients and peers alike. She has been named in the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 and The National Advocates: Top 100. Ms. Kane has received a number of honors, including an award for excellence in public interest service from the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the Federal Bar Association. She is also a lifetime charter member of the Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America.
In order to best serve her clients, Ms. Kane is admitted to practice law in the state of Illinois, as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Admitted 1990, Illinois
Honors and Awards:
- Award for Excellence in Public Interest Service, the Judges of the Northern District Court of the Northern District of Illinois and the Federal Bar Association, 2008
- Lifetime Charter Member of Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2011 – 2016.
- National Advocates: Top 100 lawyers for the year 2014
- Award for Excellence in Public Interest Service, the Judges of the Northern District Court of the Northern District of Illinois and the Federal Bar Association, 2007
- Illinois Superlawyers for 2007, 2009-2015
- Member, Federal Trial Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Illinois, 1990