Paul W. Pasche is an experienced trial lawyer with 25 years of experience in the preparation and defense of Illinois workers’ compensation matters, Medicare compliance plans and settlements, and social security disability. He chairs the firm’s Medicare Compliance Department and co-chairs the firm’s Appellate Practice Department.
Mr. Pasche has compiled a substantial record of cases successfully litigated before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, Illinois Circuit and Appellate Courts, the Illinois Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, as well as the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services.
Mr. Pasche remains active professionally as a member of the Defense Research Institute, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, and the National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals.
In addition to defending his clients’ cases, Mr. Pasche is a frequent lecturer and author on workers’ compensation and Medicare issues for bar associations, professional organizations, insurance companies, and civic groups. In addition, Mr. Pasche holds the highest rating for lawyers (AV pre-eminent) from Martindale-Hubbell for ethics and legal ability.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Koenig v. Sverdrup Building Corp., 04 I.I.C. 129 (2004)
- Espinosa v. Imperial Plumbing, 04 WC 28040 (2006)
- Fowler v. Midwest Model Aircraft, et al, 08 I.W.C.C. 0442 (2008)
- Gonzalez-Hernandez v. Perennial Plant Pros, 06 WC 55047 (2011)
- Dibella v. Workers’ Compensation Commission, 2014 IL App (3d) 130867WC-U (2014)
- Ward v. Block Electric Company, 04 WC 60973 (2015)
- Gilbert v. Sycamore Mun. Hospital, 156 Ill. 2d 511, 622 N.E.2d 788 (1993)
- Ratledge v. Industrial Commission, 311 Ill. App.3d, 726 N.E.2d 134 (2000)
- Travelers Insurance v. Precision Cabinets, Inc., 2012 IL App (2d) 110258WC (2012)
- Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (General), 1991
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1993
- Law School: Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana, 1991, J.D.
- College/University: Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana, 1988, B.S. Psychology
- Settlements & Negotiations—Respondent’s Perspective, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education “Workers’ Compensation Institute” 2014 ed., with 2015 update
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Member
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Member
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association, Member
- National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals, Member